Download the game/check out screenshots of the game by clicking on the image above.
Seraphic Blue (セラフィックブルー) is a 50+ hour epic RPG made by Tempura in RPG Maker 2000 v1.51, and is highly-received in the Japanese RPG Maker community, most notably for its story. It has 2 versions: the original (made in 2004) and Director’s Cut (made in 2006). The version translated here is Director’s Cut.
Seraphic Blue is well-known for its
– Deep and intriguing atypical dark storyline with a deep underlying message
– Highly creative custom battle and menu systems
– Flexible equipping with the Sphere System
– Precise cutscene transitions and dialogue pauses, making the cutscenes feel more alive.
– Custom artworks to accompany some cutscenes
– Awesome music and well-used sound effects
and many more.
Sample in-game video of Seraphic Blue:
NOTE:This is NOT created by me. It is created by a man named Tempura (known as Sakaki in the game credits). I am the sole translator of this game (with kumada as the proofreader), and I have permission to translate this game from Tempura himself. Credits to Tempura and his team for creating such an awesome game 🙂
NOTE2: In case there are missing files, here is the RTP to download:
1) RPG Maker 2000 RTP: http://rpgmakerworld.altervista.org/download/rtp%20rpg%20maker%202000.exe
NOTE3: In case fonts are not showing properly in game, here are the 4 fonts to download under the link below:
If fonts are still not showing properly even after installing the above, download the font patch from this website: http://www.indiedb.com/games/the-sewers/downloads/rpg-maker-2000-font-patch
Do check out the following playthroughs of Seraphic Blue by the following users:
Do also check out the list of Seraphic Blue OST (compiled by Ryan91487 and also embeded below).
And for the curious, here’s the TVTropes page of Seraphic Blue.